- Rod Kampman, Executive Director
- Marlene Kampman, Office Manager
- Julie Paup, Office Assistant
- Rhonda DeBuhr, Women’s Ministries
- Pat Gentz, Women’s Ministries
- Tracy Noyes, Volunteer Staff
- Bruce Nelson, Cedar Falls Bible Conference
- Sally Redenius, Guest Services
- Paul Wehrman, Concert Ministries
- Linda Wehrman, Concert Ministries
- Kenny Johnson, President
- Mike McKinney, Vice President
- Martha Hansen Stanford, Board Member
- Ralph Scheidecker, Board Member
- Dave Holm, Board Member
- John Butler, Board Member
Our Declaration of Mission
Riverview Conference Center is a year-round Christian Conference Center which exists to promote the cause of Christ through the proclamation, study and application of God’s Word. This ministry seeks to fulﬁll that purpose in a relaxed atmosphere which provides opportunity for fellowship. reﬂection, prayer, rest, recreation, and participation in a wide variety of activities geared toward spiritual life and growth.
Consistent with this purpose, the following items will be given priority:
We strive to maintain Riverview Ministries as a place where people can hear the good news of the Gospel and respond through personal faith in Jesus Christ.
As a Christian Conference Center, we strive to promote spiritual growth and development through the teaching and preaching of God’s Word. Fellowship, prayer, music and the arts all contribute greatly to this goal of building up the individual members of the Body of Christ.
We strive to promote the cause of Christ through the recognition, cultivation and use of individual spiritual gifts and abilities. Various ministries of the Conference Center help prepare and equip persons for more effective service to Christ and His Church.
We strive to minister to the needs of the total person by providing opportunity for, and encouragement of, physical rest, relaxation, recreation, and enjoyment of God’s created world as evidenced in the natural beauty of our surroundings.
Our goal is to encourage the complete education of the individual: body, mind and spirit. We strive to provide and support programs that will challenge the body, stretch the mind and renew the spirit.
We acknowledge that all of our efforts are to be directed to the purpose of glorifying God and enjoying Him forever.
Our Statement of Faith
Cedar Falls Bible Conference has established the following “Statement of Faith”. Agreement with and adherence to these convictions are necessary for applicant to be approved as a lease holder or Board member.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. 2 Tim 3:15 — All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 1 John 5:7-8 —- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
3. We believe in the death and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sin- less nature life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory. Apostles creed – many verses.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration of the Holy Spirit, which comes only through faith in Jesus Christ, is absolutely essential. Ephesians 1:13 — And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. John 14:26 — But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will-send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:25-29 —Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and equality across racial, gender and class differences. John 17:22-23 — The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that you sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.
8. We believe in scriptural Christian moral principles, including the belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman, and sexual activity outside of such a marriage is not acceptable, which Biblical family model is a tangible representation of Christ’s relationship with the church. Acceptable families may include single parents raising their children, but the union of same-sex couples is not acceptable given that each person is born with a Godgiven gender, either male or female, which cannot be changed based upon his or her perception of desires. Mark 10:65-59, Genesis 1:26-27 — But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.
9. We believe that homosexual behavior is sinful, whether legally sanctioned by recognition as a marriage or not. See reference in #8.